Monday, November 21, 2011

"My Toronto" by Dušan Petričić

Now available in bookstores.

A few pages from the book:






I came to Toronto seventeen years ago with two new, fresh and curious eyes. Slowly and painstakingly I trained my ONE eye to watch the city, people and events around me in the way of native Torontonians… you might say, in the appropriate manner.

That’s probably how it should be if you want to fit into the system smoothly. But, for all these years, I kept the OTHER eye as an
external, immigrant eye, which inevitably sees things differently.

With these two distinctive perspectives I observed Toronto, its people, architecture, history, environment, art and culture, and tried to understand and interpret it in my way. I hope that my take on Toronto in this book is like watching a 3D movie with special glasses and two different filters – multidimensional.
Biography: Dusan Petricic is the award-winning illustrator of more than twenty books for children. A former professor of illustration and book design, Petricic’s work appears in The New York Times, Scientific American, The Wall Street Journal, and The Toronto Star. He lives in Toronto.
My Toronto
By: Dusan Petricic
Introduction by: Rick Salutin
Format: Paperback
Price: $19.95
Publication year: 2011
ISBN: 9781770870581
Pages: 112
Publisher: McArthur & Company

No comments:

Post a Comment